Pages

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Meeting next week - Monday 9th May

What stuff 'tis made of, whereof it is born, I am to learn; 

(Antonio's opening speech, 'Merchant of Venice', Wm Shakespeare) 

Admittedly, the Bard probably didn't have Final Cut Pro X in mind when he put quill to parchment, but the sentiments fit. Antonio goes on to say  

And such a want-wit sadness makes of me, That I have much ado to know myself. 

But we'll have no sadness at the wefcpug meeting next Monday, 9th May, usual place (BBC Bristol), time (assemble from 630pm). Rather we'll echo 'two-headed Janus' (Merchant again) and look back to NAB, forward to the aforesaid FCP and how to prepare.

The webscape is full of (mostly) uninformed speculation, guesswork, uncertainty and doubt, or as Bill S put it: an infinite deal of nothing.   We'll be doing a bit better than that, I hope, with a rundown on this year's new hardware and how it's going to change the way we work.   Let's talk cameras, storage, graphics and yes, tech stuff too!    (Note, the presentations will NOT be in verse, nor in iambic pentameter.   Unless you insist).
 
I pray you, have in mind where we must meet.